I know I've been gone for quite awhile. I'm working with an editor on the final version of my book, "Howling Wind." I've had to flesh out characters and scenes. I've had to add backstory to make the story flow. It takes so much time. It takes so many re-writes. I
Between work and the book I'm mentally drained by the end of the day. I hope this will all be worthwhile when it is finished. I will likely self publish with Amazon or Nook Press. I'm taking a break today. We are having a snow day today and the office is closed. I love it. I've been binge watching Lost Girl and the X-files. These are just two of my favorite shows.
I'm on the sofa, the fireplace is going and I'm watching the snow drift past my window. I think this is a perfect day off.
I still love reading this fanfiction on Gia's Every Six Second website. After all this time it still entertains me.
I'm watching "A Christmas Story," drinking Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha and trying to finish wrapping gifts. We are having a rather untraditional Christmas Dinner tomorrow. We are grilling beef and and pork ribs, salmon and chicken. The sides are baked potatoes with sour cream, cheddar cheese and chives, steamed broccoli, seasoned green beans, salad, macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes, potato salad, home yeast rolls, strawberry cream cake, red velvet cake and chocolate dream cake.
The meat is marinading now. So, hopefully we will defy past holidays and actually have the the food on the table before 6:00 p.m.
I hope everyone is having a great evening.
Our area was hit with an early snow storm. We don't usually see snow until about January or February. Well, we got about 6-8 inches of snow in two days. My power went off for two days. Thankfully, I had an alternative heat source and I had battery operated lights. I was able to drive to my sister house during the day to charge my cell phone and my Nookbook. You never know how much you depend on electricity until you don't have it.
The electricity is back on now and I'm working from home today and enjoying my Christmas decorations. The south is the one part of the country that doesn't handle snow very well.
I copied this from starjourneying...
01. Do you consider yourself to be an emotionally expressive person, or do you more often keep things hidden or bottled up? I can be emotionally expressive with my family and friends. I'm a little more reserved around professional associates.
02. Would you mind being supported financially for your entire life, or would you prefer to financially support yourself? I've always supported myself and that's the way I like it.
03. Are there any activities which are "meant for children" that you still enjoy? I enjoy coloring and Christmas cartoons.
04. Is there anything you wish you had started doing when you were younger that would have had an impact on or would have helped you with your life today? I wished I would have gotten a Bachelor's degree earlier in my life. I think I would be farther along in my profession.
05. Are you able to concentrate on reading in public places? Yes, I catch our public transportation system and I read until I get to my destination.
06. Would you be creeped out if your significant other looked similar to you or to your siblings? Yes.
07. Are you good at estimating measurements, distances, etc.? No.
08. Can you read lips? No.
09. Do you have trouble feeling excited for other people when they receive good news? Not usually.
10. Do you enjoy getting your hair done? Yes.
11. Do you know anyone whose parents are homosexual? Yes.
12. Have you ever had to wear a tooth guard? No.
13. Do you get your hopes up for things, or do you not expect much? Occasionally.
14. Are you good at handling boredom? Yes. What sorts of things do you do to cure it? I read or write. Lately, I've been spending a lot of time at the track. How often would you say you are bored? Not, often. I'm usually very busy.
15. Do you know of anyone who looks better/different in photographs than they do in real life or vice versa? Me. I look totally different in person than in my pictures.
16. Which do you dislike more - when your schedule is too full or when not enough is going on? I prefer to have a full schedule.
17. When did you start to comprehend your family's financial situation? I was probably about 10 years old when my Mom explained our family's financial situation to me. I always knew my Dad worked two jobs, but when I turned 10 I realized it was because he wanted to make sure we had everything we needed and my Mom could continue to say at home.
18. Do you consider yourself patriotic? Yes. In what ways? I respect those that have put their life on the lines protecting the freedoms we take for granted. I support charities for our veterans and volunteer with many groups that support veterans.
19. Are you part of any online communities? Live Journal, Meet Up and a few Facebook communities.
20. Have you ever purchased clothing that you were too afraid to wear? Yes, lingerie from an online company. It felt slippery and had an odd smell. I sent it back.
I'm playing hooky from work today. I called in and told my staff I was taking a personal day.
Today is one of those awesome fall days. It's cold, it's rainy and just BEAUTIFUL! It's the type of fall day I love. I'm sitting on the sofa in the family room, drinking coffee, my fireplace is going (it's fake) and looking out the window enjoying the sights and sounds of the rain and wind. It truly is a beautiful day. I'm probably going to make a chicken pot pie for dinner. I know I could buy one, but I love making pot pies on days like this one.